Sunday, August 2, 2009

We Are Family





Weekends are always different than the week even though neither Jeff or I have a "normal" schedule. We have a family schedule now and both of us are tripping out about it. I wonder when you change from whose baby is that? To whatever is next.

My good friend Erika is here this weekend celebrating his one week birthday with us, cooking and cleaning and holding a baby on demand. We know each other well so it's very easy for me to have her here, and I am sure she's glad it's only the weekend. I wish she lived down the street. Thanks for everything Erika! Which reminds me Banneker turned one week old yesterday. Jeff was supposed to post but looks like he forgot, I 'll have him try again.

So they say it's best having family nearby after the birth of a child. Okay I get it. We are officially overwhelmed. I know time marches on in all circumstances and things change so I try not to get caught up in the moments I realize... I can't and have no desire to return a phone call, I am once again behind the 8 ball due to the antics of kaiser with breast feeding, when I can't bend to get something I dropped, when I feel absolutely no core strength, when I miss running around doing nothing with Jeff on the weekend, when my yoga practice consists of sitting up straight or using the door frame for a simple side stretch, when I have nothing to do but sit in the back yard and knit.
Time marches on and we are a family now.

6 comments:

Jennifer Gray said...

Welcome to the ancient club! It gets better and easier and sometimes harder. Call if you need anything I will not bother you as you try to get your grip on your new but wonderful life!

Andrea Fotopoulos said...

Love love love you guys.

forget returning phone calls. I'll be happy to get a smoke signal at some point- but not from like the food burning on the stove cause you forgot.

robynstudio said...

awwww. wonderul photo. don't worry about "keeping up" with things. just go with the day and enjoy every moment of loving up that beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Maybe a few minutes of intentional breathing. Pull in the sweetness of it all, let go of the worries. We all understand and relish the taste of things you can share here.

Anonymous said...

how beautiful you all are - words escape me! You can see how deeply in love the three of you are and I am so happy for you!!! the recipe is perfect!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxxo Kisses from the other Metry gals......

cwroth said...

OH MY GOSH!!! you guys are soooo cute! congratulations!

xoxox,

Carmel