Saturday, August 1, 2009

good night



One week ago we were still uping the Pitocin drip at about this time and hopeful we would be more actively in labor soon. Our hospital room was well worn and our favorite nurse Katharyn was getting ready to leave our shift. She was the angel that got us through our kaiser experience I think of her everyday. When she came to introduce herself she said "I really trust this process." Which was exactly what I was hoping to hear from anyone at kaiser. I thought of writing on my belly before we got there "trust birth" and "today is my birthday" as she left she told us she was excited to see our son and us on her next shift, she said we were a beautiful team and our baby was lucky to have us. So good night Ms Katharyn we are thinking of you.

5 comments:

robynstudio said...

beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow - he is just so beautiful. And I can't tell you how much I appreciate the time you are taking to post photographs and to write. Big love to all of you!

Laura L said...

I'm glad Katharyn was around to be such a bright spot among some of those darker moments.

Now, back to little Banneker - how can he have such a hip hairdo and not even be a week old??? The kid's got style!

Hoping all is well.

Jennifer Gray said...

I am in love with him already and Mark is jelouse of his hair...oh well...how beautiful he is! Much love to all!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful boy he is! Much love, peace and joy to all of you. I'm always thankful for the angels that appear when we least expect them!